Greetings to the NW Region Society Members
Among the many other aspects of our lives that have been affected by the pandemic, we have also missed gathering for our regional conference. The regional board is still meeting and planning for the future and invite you to become involved. This is the year we will be voting for board treasurer and president elect. Please consider applying for one of these positions via the attached nomination form, the board would love to have you join us.
The President-elect shall:
- Perform the duties of the President in the absence or incapacity of the President.
- Succeed to the office of the President in the event it shall become vacant.
- Perform such duties as may be delegated by the President or Board of Directors.
- Act as liaison of the Legislative Public Policy/Membership, Regional Conference Planning, Fundraising/Youth Rally Committee and Historian.
The Treasurer shall:
- Attend all Regional Board of Directors and General Membership meetings.
- Have custody of all funds of the NWRWOCN and deposit all such funds in a bank approved by the Board of Directors.
- Pay all bills as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Keep accurate books of accounts and present a written financial report to the membership at the Regional meetings.
- Have the books ready to audit at any time the President or the Board of Directors requests.
- Prepare a budget for the fiscal year and submit it to the Board of Directors for consideration and recommendations thirty days before the fall annual meeting. The fiscal year begins January 1st. (See Annual Budget Planning Form Appendix B of the Operations Manual)
- Submit all records to the new chairperson at the end of the term of office. This can be in electronic and/or paper form. Ideally, this should take place at the regional conference.
We are also seeking nominations for the NW Region Nurse of the Year so please be considering which of your amazing colleagues qualifies for this honor.
- The nominee must be a member of the WOCN Society
- The nominee cannot be someone who has won the award previously