Your Connection to the WOCN® in the Northwest
The Northwest Region of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses’ Society ® is a Regional Affiliate (“Region 9”) of the National Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses’ Society®. Founded in 1968, the WOCN® Society is a professional nursing society that supports its members by promoting educational, clinical and research opportunities to advance the practice and guide the delivery of expert health care to individuals with wounds, ostomies and incontinence. Regional groups provide an opportunity for organized exploration and discussion in an environment suited to meet the needs of a local group. The NW Region of the WOCN® includes any members of the National WOCN® who practice in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. Click here more on membership types and levels for the WOCN® Society at large.
The NW Region of the WOCN® is open to any RN who is a member of the National Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses’ Society®. Regional meetings are held twice a year: at the National WOCN conference each summer and in the fall at our annual regional conference. The NW Region of the WOCN® is run by an elected Board; each Board member serves a two-year term of office. The following positions are voted on by the members of The NW Region of the WOCN®:
- President (elected in even years)
- President elect (elected in odd years)
- Secretary (elected in even years)
- Treasurer (elected in odd years)
- Nominations Chair (elected in even years)
The mission of the NW Region of the WOCN® is to:
- Support members with access to up-to-date professional information in the field through annual regional conference, and access to vendors for information on products and publications and website.
- Create opportunities for members to network with other WOCNs in our region.
- Advocate for members who reside in our region.
- Provide liaison with the National WOCN®.